Are you traveling over the long weekend? Where to? Either way, are you at least making your way to a Memorial Day weekend barbecue like I hope to do? Whatever you do, have a great time. In other notes, here are a few things I’ve come across this week:
- This campy pine journal (above) from Subtle Arts on Etsy just makes me want to hole up in a woodsy cabin for a few days.
- I somehow lost my summer straw hat, so I’m looking for a new one. I like this one–in natural or black?
- Check out these cool new ZigZag city guides for kids (which I found via Daily Candy).
- Did you know that all of your photos on Kodak Gallery’s website will move to Shutterfly on July 2, 2012? I just made an archival DVD, just to be safe.
- Please read this New York Times story about champion midwife Ina May Gaskin. I hate the article’s title, “Mommy Wars: The Prequel” (ugh), but I love what the writer has to say. Like the author, I read both of Ina May Gaskin’s books. Like the author, my daughter arrived via a c-section (in my case, for a breech position and low amniotic fluid). And like the author, I don’t think I’d travel to the Farm, but the facts and philosophies behind home births resonate with me. I’d love to know your thoughts.